Sunday, September 2, 2007

Vacation


Today was beautiful.
I've been in Canada for the past couple of days at a friends cabin (sort of). We are on the coast of Lake Huron, and went tubing the past two days. It was my first time ever tubing and it was awesome. For those of you that don't know you basically hang on to some sort of flotation device tided to a boat and the boat driver yanks you around the water. You have to hang on tight otherwise you get yanked off. It feels a bit like being superman because you are sort of soaring over the water at ridiculous speed, sometimes a bit sideways too. The downside of all this fun is you can get really soar from hanging on for dear life. My back is killing me right now, and it almost never hurts, it is probably a combination of tubing and my hard and very small bed. Hopefully I can get a nice back rub when i get home but that only means the five hour drive home is going to be a bitch. It's nice here, like a sweet little vacation before school starts. At the same time I know I will be happy when I get back home. Like a vacation from this vacation. There are one-thousand little comforts that we take for granted when we are home. Chief among them is being yourself. Not having to put on any pretenses... , listening to your own music whenever you want.

No comments: