Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Disconnected

I wanted to connect with you this morning but I didn't know how. Sometimes I feel trapped by the constraints of society. We are only supposed to feel a certain way we are only supposed to think a certain way we are only supposed to love a certain way. The truth wells up inside of me and I choke on it as the external forces shove it back down my throat into my heart.

In truth their are no external forces I alone bite down on my tongue and stop myself from speaking, but it is not because I have accepted the rules set before me. It is only because I believe you have. There is nothing wrong with that, nothing at all, they are good rules to be sure, but I wonder if they reflect our true nature or if we just keep trying to fool ourselves into believing that they do.

I cannot connect.

No comments: